Monday 30 January 2012

Today I shall mostly be faffing with...

The RADIO!!!  We love our music (ok, perhaps I'm a little more obsessed with a CD collection nearing 500), so when I looked at the Goodmans cassette deck... yes that's right, a CASSETTE DECK... my heart sank.  "That's gotta go" I says to Ange.  Well, it just so happens that being the keen bunny I am, I'd been watching eBay for a couple of weeks to work out what we could get for a reasonable price and  for the princely sum of £37 I managed to sort out a nice second hand (but nearly new) head unit.  It's a Sony CDX-GT25 which does CDs, mp3s, good ol' radio, and an 'aux in' for plugging your iPod into.  Smashing! :o)

I think I died a little bit inside when I saw this.  What's with the carry handle on the front anyway?  Is it supposed to be portable?!?!? 
Out with the old...
Because of Chesney's age, I had to adapt the standard wiring loom by fitting an ISO connector using spade terminals.  This meant I could then use a PC3-433 Sony 16 pin to ISO connector and plug it straight into the head unit.  Simples!


Taking out the removable 'cubby hole' in the middle of the dash made fitting the head unit in a lot easier.  I found that getting the unit itself in was a little trickier because the heater ducting can be a bit of a hindrance, but with some gentle encouragement and patience it all fitted in snug as a bug.  
We might be driving around in an old skip but at least we've got some tunes now! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment